Will Children Enjoy the Holiday Show?
Please note that the play's main character speaks of jumping off a bridge to end his life, and his older brother has problems with alcoholism. We ask you to consider these particular plot points when judging the age-appropriateness of this material for your children. You are the best judge of your children's ability to enjoy each play.
The FALL BENEFIT has been canceled. Please call the Ticket Office at 831-459-2159 if you have previously purchased tickets to receive a full refund.
Ticket Exchanges: Have to cancel at the last minute? You may donate unused tickets and receive a tax deductible receipt for their cash value by turning the tickets into the UCSC Ticket Office at least one hour prior to the ticketed performance. All patrons, including children, regardless of age must have a ticket and sit in a seat.
Service Fees: Tickets INCLUDE all applicable service processing fees.
Receiving Your Tickets: Tickets ordered by mail or telephone will be processed and returned within ten (10) working days of receipt of the order. Orders received within nine (9) days or less of the date of performance will be held at the UCSC Ticket Office in Will Call.
Ticket Office Information: Shakespeare Santa Cruz's primary ticket sales operations are managed by the UCSC Ticket Office. The Ticket Office can be reached by mail, in person, on the phone, fax or on-line at:
SSC/UCSC Ticket Office
Theater Arts Center
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
phone: (831) 459-2159 / fax (831) 459-3552
Ticket Office Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday, 12:00 noon to 4:00 PM
Receipt: Your ticket is a valid receipt of payment. A receipt will come with your ticket(s). A detailed invoice can be mailed, faxed or emailed upon request.
Will-Call: Tickets will only be issued to the patron purchasing tickets, unless arranged in advance with the Ticket Office. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the performance start time to pick up your tickets. Will Call will be available one hour prior to the performance. To pick up Will Call tickets, the ticket buyer MUST show a photo ID.
Discount Ticket Holders: All holders of senior/UCSC staff/student/child priced tickets should be prepared to show their ID at the entrance to the play venue to prove they qualify for the discount.
Late Seating: Latecomers will be seated by the House Manager at an artistically appropriate time in a designated late-seating area. (Hint: our performances do tend to start on time).
Parking: $4.00 parking fee. Please arrive at least one hour prior to the performance time indicated on your ticket to allow for parking.
Rain Policy: Shakespeare Santa Cruz has historically never had to cancel a performance in the outdoor Sinsheimer/Stanley Festival Glen due to rain. We do, however, have a policy if such a situation were to occur:
• If a performance is cancelled due to rain, patrons who have tickets to the rained-out performance may exchange their tickets within seven (7) days of the cancelled performance for another performance of the same play.
• If a performance begins while it is raining or there is a serious threat of rain and the performance continues, patrons may exchange their tickets at the Ticket Office for a different performance of the same play, through intermission of the performance in question.
• If a performance continues beyond intermission, even in the case of rain or the threat of rain, and a patron does not exchange their tickets by the end of intermission of that specific performance, no exchanges or refunds will be allowed.
• Refunds requested for any performance which is cancelled due to rain must be approved by the Managing Director.
Copyright & Recording: The use of sound, video or photographic recording equipment during Shakespeare Santa Cruz performances is prohibited at all times.
Cell Phones, Pagers & Smoking: Please turn off all electronic devices (such as pagers and cell phones) before entering the Theatre. Smoking is prohibited.
Patrons with Special Needs: We wish to make our activities accessible. If you have disability-related needs, please contact us at (831) 459-2159. The earlier we hear from you, the better able we will be to accommodate your needs. In addition, please note the following:
- Mobility impaired patrons may be dropped off directly in front of the Performing Arts Theater; a limited number of adjacent handicapped parking places are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Large print cast sheets will be available for all of our performances.
- A limited number of assisted listening devices will be available. Please request these devices when placing your ticket order.